The Workshop • Crow Designs Studio • 334 Adams Ave., Scranton, Pennsylvania
Fill out the form below to request a workshop.
Stop in for May First Friday; featuring Marywood student work. Media: screen printing, letterpress, linocut, handmade paper
- Introduction to Letterpress Printing. Learn how to use wood and metal type to make a printed piece. Possible projects are holiday cards, printed quotes to frame, and coasters. You’ll learn how to lock up type, ink it, select paper and use the Showcard proof press and/or the Kelsey platen presses. Classes are 3 hours long and class size is limited to 5. Paper and ink provided. $35 per person/group discounts of 2 or more.
Saturday, May 2: 1-4
Sunday, May 10 Mother’s Day Special, 2-5 p.m. (you and your mom, $50)
Friday, May 22, Happy Hour printing, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Includes wine and snacks.
- Poster Printing with Wood Type. Print posters up to 14 x 22 inches on a Showcard proof press. Use multiple colors. Classes are 3 hours long and class size is limited to 4. Paper and ink provided. Price: $35. Previous experience using letterpress preferred, but not required. –
Sunday, May 3: 1-4 pm
Sunday, May 30: 1-4 pm
SCHEDULE A DATE:
- Open Session Letterpress Printing. Three hour print sessions; good for anyone with a special project, letterpress experience or advanced users. Minimal supervision/instruction. $30 or $10 an hour. Request a date.
- Monotype Printing: Try out one of the most liberating forms of printmaking. Learn to create one-of-a-kind prints using direct drawing and painterly techniques. Explore color mixing, brushwork, and ghost images. You will love this direct and expressive type of printmaking. No previous experience required. Price $40. Supplies included in price, but feel free to bring paper of your own and some images for inspiration. $35. Request a date.
- Linoleum Block Printing. Create and cut your own relief art that can be printed with letterpress type—you can use a line sketch or trace and transfer line art images. Linoleum blocks of different sizes will be available. Blocks will be printed on the press and will cover how to hand print them at home. Price: $50, blocks up to 6 x 9 are provided, paper and ink included. You may purchase larger blocks ( 8 x 10 up to 12 x 12). – request a date
- DIY Coasters. Want to make your own custom bar coasters? Pick from circles, square or rectangular shapes. Logos or custom art can be ordered ahead of time with two week’s notice. Coasters and ink provided. No experience needed. Price: $30 plus cost of polymer plate if needed. Request a date.
Looking for something else?
- Print Party for up to 8 people. Reserve an afternoon or evening for your group. BYOB. Snacks provided Cost $125 for 4 hours.
- Gift certificates available
- Custom polymer plates can be ordered before session for an additional fee
Please fill out the form below to sign up for a workshop or for more information.
Presses: Showcard table top; prints up to 14 x 22 inches • Kelsey 6 x 10 tabletop