Read our latest newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter here: http://eepurl.com/cUER3j
Sign up below and indicate date and time. Space is limited.
Use the contact form below to pick a workshop, set up a date for a class or a private party:
- Open Studio, Saturday Dec 8, noon-5. $25. Independent work time. Minimal instruction.
- Intro to Letterpress Printing: Holiday Cards! Learn how to set type and print the old school way with vintage holiday image cuts. Print greeting cards, gifts tags and even ornaments! $40; students $30
Sunday, December 2, 1-4 pm (class is full)
Friday December 14, 6-9 pm
- Print your own flour sack towel. Screen print, stamp or letterpress your own design on a flour sack towel. Select designs from of premade screens, rubber stamps and wood type. $40 includes 4 towels. Wine included.
Monday, Dec. 17 6-9 pm
- New! Gel Plate printing. No press needed. Create beautiful one of kind prints for cards, collages. backgrounds and prints. Paint with acrylic or ink. Fun, easy and endless printing. Plates are supplied and are available for purchase if you want to take home–they are reusable. All ages and skill levels welcome. $20 for 2 hours.
Wednesday, December 12, 6-8 pm
Request a date:
- Linoleum Block Printing. Cut your own relief designs and print with type. Learn how to transfer images, explore easy cut linoleum options. Blocks up to 5 x 7 are provided, paper and ink included. $40; $30 students
- Intro to the Platen Press. Learn how to lock up type and print multiple copies on a Kelsey 6 x 9 or a 10 x 13 platen press from 1911 (Damon & Peets). $35; students $25
Note: you must wear closed toe shoes for this class.
- Paste Paper. Easy and fun, build up texture and patterns on paper for use in bookmaking or to print on. All supplies included. $20; $15 for students
- Poster Printing with Wood Type. Print posters up to 14 x 22 inches on a Showcard proof press. Use pressure printing with stencils to layer background images or textures and multiple colors like blends and color mixing $35; students $25
Sunday, September 2, Noon-3
- NEW Painterly Screen Printing . Using drawing fluid, brushes and a mask, you’ll create an image on a screen that you can print on textiles or paper. Class limited to 4. Cost: $45; Students $35
- DIY Coasters. Create a monogram, use vintage images or a special message to print on bar coasters . Coasters are great for parties, weddings or as gifts! Price: $35.
Request a date.
- Letterpress on Fabric. Using wood type, linoleum blocks and custom rubber stamps, you’ll print on t-shirts, totes, small bags and any kind of fabric for your projects. $40 includes one t-shirt and 1 tote to print. You can bring your own fabrics to print with too.
- Stencil Printing. Create backgrounds, images and textures quickly to your letterpress print by a process using paper stencils and the pressure of the press. Your final piece will be multi- color with images and/or with type— a process good for printmakers and letterpress designers. Class is 4 hours long and is limited to 4. Paper and ink provided. $40 per person. Student price: $25.
- Monotype Printing: Try out one of the most liberating forms of printmaking. Learn to create one-of-a-kind prints using direct drawing and painterly techniques. Explore color mixing, brushwork, and ghost images. You will love this direct and expressive type of printmaking. No previous experience required. Price $35. Supplies included in price, but feel free to bring paper of your own and some images for inspiration.
- Basic Bookbinding. Learn basic book making techniques. Print a cover and sew a small journal together; create an instant book out of a single sheet of paper by folding and cutting and finally we will create an accordion book. All supplies included. Price $35.
- Collagraph Printing. Build up texture and imagery using found objects like burlap, window screen, fabrics, glue, sand, gesso, paint, paper, scraping tools and more on a sturdy surface like mat board, masonite, linoleum, etc.. The surface can be inked up as a relief and then printed. Type can then be printed on top of the image. $30
Looking for something else?
- PRINT PARTY for up to 10 people. Reserve an afternoon or evening for your group. BYOB. Cost $25 pp for 4 hours.
- Gift certificates available
- Custom polymer plates can be ordered before session for an additional fee
Please fill out the form below to sign up for a workshop or for more information.
Presses: Showcard table top; prints up to 14 x 22 inches • Kelsey 6 x 10 tabletop • Kelsey 3×5 • Damon & Peets 9 x 13
The Workshop • Crow Designs Studio • 334 Adams Ave., Scranton, PA