Read the June/July newsletter!
Sign up for our newsletter here: http://eepurl.com/cUER3j
- Introduction to Letterpress: June 1, 10-1; June 2 9-noon; $25
- Open studio: June 1, 1-4 pm; June 2 1-4 pm; $20
Sign up below and indicate date and time. Space is limited.
Classes are taught by Christine Medley .
Book a private party—evening or weekends are available. 3-4 hours for groups up to 12 ($25 pp.)
Gift certificates are available. Sign up with the form below.
- Intro to Letterpress Printing. Learn how to set type and print the old school way. Print your own projects like a favorite quote, greeting card or short poem on a proof press. $35; students $25
Monday, June 11, 6-9 pm
Monday, June 18, 6-9 pm
- Intro to the Platen Press. Learn how to lock up type and print multiple copies on a Kelsey 6 x 9 or a 10 x 13 platen press from 1911 (Damon & Peets). $35; students $25
Note: you must wear closed toe shoes for this class.
Saturday June 9, 6-9 pm
- Poster Printing with Wood Type. Print posters up to 14 x 22 inches on a Showcard proof press. Use multiple colors and custom stencils for background images or textures. $35; students $25
Monday, June 25, 6-9 pm
- NEW Painterly Screen Printing . Using drawing fluid, brushes and a mask, you’ll create an image on a screen that you can print on textiles or paper. Class limited to 4. Cost: $45; Students $35
Sunday, June 10, noon-5 pm
- Open Session Letterpress Printing. Good for anyone with a special project, letterpress experience or advanced users. Minimal supervision/instruction. $25/BYO paper or ink $20.
Friday, June 1, 1-5 p.m.
Saturday, June 2 1-5 p.m.
Saturday, July 7, Noon-5 p.m.
- Paste Paper. Easy and fun, build up texture and patterns on paper for use in bookmaking or to print on. All supplies included. $20; $15 for students
Wednesday, June 13th, 7-9 p.m.
- Linoleum Block Printing. Cut your own relief designs and print with type. Learn how to transfer images, explore easy cut linoleum options. Blocks up to 5 x 7 are provided, paper and ink included. $40; $30 students
Sunday, July 17, Noon-5 p.m.
Classes by request:
- Happy Hour Letterpress Printing. Good for beginners, anyone with a special project, letterpress experience or advanced users. All tools, paper and ink supplied. $25 includes wine and snacks. Request a date for your group.
- DIY Coasters. Create a monogram, use vintage images or a special message to print on bar coasters . Coasters are great for parties, weddings or as gifts! Price: $35.
Request a date.
- Letterpress on Fabric. Using wood type, linoleum blocks and custom rubber stamps, you’ll print on t-shirts, totes, small bags and any kind of fabric for your projects. $40 includes one t-shirt and 1 tote to print. You can bring your own fabrics to print with too.
- Stencil Printing. Create backgrounds, images and textures quickly to your letterpress print by a process using paper stencils and the pressure of the press. Your final piece will be multi- color with images and/or with type— a process good for printmakers and letterpress designers. Class is 4 hours long and is limited to 4. Paper and ink provided. $40 per person. Student price: $25.
- Monotype Printing: Try out one of the most liberating forms of printmaking. Learn to create one-of-a-kind prints using direct drawing and painterly techniques. Explore color mixing, brushwork, and ghost images. You will love this direct and expressive type of printmaking. No previous experience required. Price $35. Supplies included in price, but feel free to bring paper of your own and some images for inspiration.
- Basic Bookbinding. Learn basic book making techniques. Print a cover and sew a small journal together; create an instant book out of a single sheet of paper by folding and cutting and finally we will create an accordion book. All supplies included. Price $35.
- Collagraph Printing. Build up texture and imagery using found objects like burlap, window screen, fabrics, glue, sand, gesso, paint, paper, scraping tools and more on a sturdy surface like mat board, masonite, linoleum, etc.. The surface can be inked up as a relief and then printed. Type can then be printed on top of the image. $30
Looking for something else?
- PRINT PARTY for up to 10 people. Reserve an afternoon or evening for your group. BYOB. Cost $25 pp for 4 hours.
- Gift certificates available
- Custom polymer plates can be ordered before session for an additional fee
Please fill out the form below to sign up for a workshop or for more information.
Presses: Showcard table top; prints up to 14 x 22 inches • Kelsey 6 x 10 tabletop • Kelsey 3×5 • Damon & Peets 9 x 13
The Workshop • Crow Designs Studio • 334 Adams Ave., Scranton, PA