You will design an animated information graphic based on a national landmark or historic monument. Use the medium of animation to tell a visual story that supports and enhances the facts you are sharing about your chosen topic.
Final Animated Info Graphics must meet the following requirements:
- Finish at around 1 minute in total length (:45 second absolute minimum)
- All animations must be vector-based built in Illustrator and imported into AE
- At least 6 different facts presented about your given topic
- Includes some sort of audio track to accompany the video (music or SFX)
- Text cannot be static – must use animations to bring text in and out of each scene and all text must be comfortable to read (both visually and time-wise)
- Export your final file as an MP4 and upload to final video to your own (free) Vimeo account for final critique
Warm up exercise:
Design and animate a beautiful sunset that takes full advantage of masking, null objects, the Motion Editor, filters, and blend modes. Make your full name animate into frame at the end/night time.
Animated Info Graphic Examples:
Frame by frame animation concepts:
The 12 Principles of Animation